I LOVE taking part in events; blog hops, challenges, Pinterest Boards, Facebook Groups, anywhere I get to share my love of stamping with other people, and when my team leader Sam mentioned this blog hop with the fabulous Artful Stampers I just couldn’t pass this up!
I am such a sucker for non-traditional Christmas colours; I’m just not a massive fan of Red and Green (although I’m sure if you visit my blog regularly you might not think so!) and I much prefer a cooler Christmas; blues, purples and Silver. This card uses the non-traditional colours of Island Indigo and Sahara Sand (which I’m sure don’t scream Christmas at you!) along with a touch of gold, to create a cool Christmas look. I have been playing around with the Merriest Wishes bundle for a few weeks, and am loving making quick and easy tags with the dies, but using them on an acutal card has been a little tricky.
I couldn’t pass the opportunity to make a shaker card using these fabulous dies, how gorgeous is that intricate bauble?! and it was really easy to put together;
- Die cut 4 tags; two solid ones in Whisper White, one intricate one in Island Indigo, and a further solid one out of Window Sheet
- Add glue to the back of the Island Indigo tag, and add one of the solid Whisper White ones to the back, once this is dry use the circle die in the set to cut the hole through the middle
- Adhere the Window Sheet tag using Tear & Tape, and then add a ring of Foam Adhesive Strip.
- Stamp the sentiment in the centre of the other Whisper White tag, and cover with a heap of Gold Sequins (I’ve used sequins taken from the Gold Sequin Trim!)
- Remove the backing from the Foam Adhesive and layer onto the Whisper White tag, ensuring all the sequins are trapped side, and there you have a fabulous shaker bauble!
I have LOVED taking part in this blog hop, and cannot wait to see what everyone else has made! Click the BLUE button to hop along with me.
To purchase any of the items featured in my projects please use the links above. To join my team of Stampin’ Friends select ‘Join My Team’ or send me a message!
Please support StampinByHannah, and join my Code Club, by using the Hostess code featured in the top right hand of my blog. For orders of over £150 please do not use this code, as you are entitled to your own Hostess benefits!
Sign up to my newsletter here – http://eepurl.com/2if59
Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator