I am loving the Project Kits in this years catalogues! They are all so simple to put together – so simple in fact that most of them can be put together in a couple of hours, surrounded by your friends – if you want to book a Party with me between the 4th and 10th of November you can select 2 FREE stamp sets from my basket of Stamping Goodies AND I can give you a hand to put your chosen kit together too! So, book your party today!
The To You and Yours Shaker Card Kit really stood out to me in the Autumn / Winter catalogue as a kit I needed to get home and put together before I could offer it to you as a class – Is it really as easy as Stampin’ Up!® make it look?
This kit gets you 18 cards (with envelopes) 6 of each of 3 designs. Stampin’ Up!® have even made a really handy video of how to put the kit together – along with both written and photographic instructions provided in the kit.
The kit features gorgeous foiled card bases, and a lovely selection of different shaker shapes and elements to make your 18 cards. You could totally mix it up a bit and put the Glass Glitter in the Joy Bauble, or put the Joy sticker on the Star shape.
For me the highlight of this kit is the Dimensional Strips, they make creating your shaker shape so easy – just remember to butt the ends up close together on the cards where your using that Glass Glitter or you might find you have an empty shaker card and an envelope full of sparkles by the time they reach the recipient!
I found that adding some Crystal Effects liquid glue at the joints of the Dimensionals also helped (even if it was only peace of mind) to keep that Glass Glitter contained!
I thought I would make a quick video showing you just how easy it is to make these cards, but of course my camera had other ideas! hope you enjoy the Voiceover, and horrendous bow tying at the end! (there is a reason why the others don’t have their bit of bakers twine!)
Shaker Card Top Tips:
- Start by applying your outline stickers, these are easier to apply than they look, and make the cards look super professional too!
- Complete all the stamping before you start gluing your window sheets to your shaker frames
- Use Tombow or Crystal Effects to add your Window Sheet – DO NOT be tempted to use your Fine-Tip Glue Pen, this glue is FAR too running and makes a major mess, check the video if you don’t believe me!
- Assemble the Christmas Tree cards first, as suggested by Stampin’ Up!®, as you need to add 6 sequins to each tree, and to get that messy Glass Glitter out of the way!
- Ensure your Dimensional Strips are butted tight up against each other, and add a liquid glue between to create a full seal (and allow to dry) before pouring your Glass Glitter onto the stamped tree – then line your shaker frame up over the top – otherwise your stamped tree might not match your shaker window!
- Add the sentiment stickers last!
- Have FUN!
To purchase any of the items featured in my projects please use the links above. To join my team of Stampin’ Friends select ‘Join My Team’ or send me a message!
Please support StampinByHannah, and join my Code Club, by using the Hostess code featured in the top right hand of my blog. For orders of over £150 please do not use this code, as you are entitled to your own Hostess benefits!
Sign up to my newsletter here – http://eepurl.com/2if59
Stampin’ Up! UK Independent Demonstrator